Cadbury Nigeria Grows Revenue By N35 Billion In Six Months

0
152
Following the approval of the unaudited financial statements of
Cadbury Nigeria Plc by the Board of Directors, the Company has announced a turnover of N35.608 billion for the six-month period ended 30 June 2023, representing an increase of 27.7 per cent over N27.877 billion recorded in the same period in 2022.
The Company’s gross profit rose by 74.7 per cent from N5.854billion in 2022, to N10.230billion in 2023, while its operating profit for the period under review, increased by 113.2 per cent from N2.848billion to N6.072billion.
In a statement issued by the Company, Oyeyimika Adeboye, its Managing Director, attributed Cadbury Nigeria’s net revenue growth of 27.7 per cent versus the same period in the previous year, to strong sales execution, focused brand building, and tactical trade and consumer activities across the country.
However, the statement noted that businesses operating in Nigeria continued to face tough challenges, with rising inflation and devaluation, leading to higher manufacturing and operational
cost. Despite recording an operating profit of N6.072 billion, this performance was significantly impacted by the recent devaluation of the Naira.
“We shall continue to remain resilient and innovative to navigate the challenging operating environment,” Adeboye said.
About Cadbury Nigeria
Cadbury Nigeria Plc (CNP), a publicly quoted company, is the pioneer cocoa beverage manufacturer offering some of the most loved brands in the country. Cadbury Nigeria is a 74.99 percent-owned subsidiary of Mondelēz International, a global snacking powerhouse with an unrivalled portfolio of brands. The remaining 25.01 per cent of shares are held by a diverse group of indigenous, individual and institutional
investors. A front-runner in beverages, confectionery and gum, Cadbury Nigeria’s quality products – Bournvita, Hot Chocolate 3 in 1, TomTom, Buttermint, and Clorets–are market leaders in their respective consumer segments. For more information, visit
or